Friday, June 10, 2011

May 2011 Newsletter

“I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.” Psalm 81:10. I am sure you are familiar with the stories about George Muller, his orphanage ministry, and his enduring faith as a living testimony to those who knew him. A long time ago I read his biography; before that I did not know that one of his favorite verses from the Bible was Psalm 81:10. When I meditate on the Lord’s provision and protection all these years, I cannot stop giving thanks for His grace and mercy towards a sinner like me.

MINISTRY NEWS
Every first Friday of each month, a Ladies Missionary Prayer Group meets in Westminster, MD to read missionaries’ letters and pray for their needs. Whenever possible, I join them to be blessed and pray for others.

This past month I had the privilege of speaking to 83 people at a Ladies Luncheon in Dillsburg, PA, the theme was “Be Blessed” speaking on Philippians 4:19 and Ephesians 3:20. On the first weekend in May, I was able to speak to 66 people at a Mother-Daughter Banquet in Lebanon, PA, the theme was “The 23rd Psalm.” I am always blessed, and praise the Lord for these opportunities to present my ministry as well as being an encourager.

The faithfulness of God is beyond any human understanding. Although my missionary support level is still at 28%, the Lord is providing through the faithful support from a few churches and individuals. Please continue to pray that I will get more opportunities to present my ministry to ladies groups and/or churches.

Sometimes it is good to think ahead, you may ask yourselves what am I talking about? I would like to share an opportunity with you that I have to minister with and translate for Dr. Taylor (IPM Female Missionary Advocate) in the country of Guatemala in July 2012. You might be thinking “that is way in the future” and we do not know what the future will bring. I do believe in the One who holds the future and for this reason, if the Lord leads you to be part of this ministry, would you help me to raise the necessary funds? You can send your gift payable to IPM, INC. designating “Galdamez Travel—Guatemala.”

Back in January 2011, I wrote about Freddie asking you to pray for his salvation. He passed away on the first week of this month, he was like a father to me. A friend of the family, who is a pastor, visited him at hospice and presented the gospel to him. It seems that Freddie trusted Christ as his Savior a few days before passing away. Please pray for his family.

DEAF MINISTRIES NEWS
I had the pleasure of attending a deaf rally in a church located in Hummelstown, PA. Mr. Ronnie Rice and Brother Nathan McConnell from the Bill Rice Ranch were ministering to the deaf in our area. I was blessed with the preaching and the fellowship.

I have been to traveling with Dr. & Mrs. Young as he presents the deaf ministry of IPM to churches. This has also given me the opportunity to interact with the Deaf. During the month of May and June I will be signing the evening pre-services and a couple of hymns at my current church.

On the subject of thinking ahead, I am glad to share with you another opportunity to minister with the deaf. Dr. Curtis Young suggested that it would be a good idea if I were to travel to Las Vegas, NV as part of a team with Silent Word Ministries. In addition to ministering at a DeafNation Expo, we will be distributing tracts and DVDs on the street. Deaf people from all over the world will be participating in this annual event. If you feel led by the Lord to be a part of this ministry, please make your checks payable to IPM, Inc. with a note designating “Galdamez Deaf Travel”.

In the March letter, I mentioned that I was starting Sign Language courses online, the cost was $200. Two days after I mailed the letter, I received a check in the amount of $200 from a dear Christian couple. I used these funds to pay for the courses. Now, for future money received for this purpose I will use it for the trip to Las Vegas; I will contact my supporters to let them know how I am allocating these funds. I have already completed six lessons of ASL101 and have received 100% on all the quizzes. It is an exciting ministry!

PRAYER REQUESTS
For our American and national missionaries, their families, and their ministries
My missionary support of $1,900 (lacking every month)
Funds to participate at the DeafNation Las Vegas Expo ‘12, still needed $875
Learn ASL online to reach the Deaf locally and around the world.
Funds to participate at the IPM Central America Regional Conference, still needed $1,300
Funds to cover the expense of my new desktop computer, still needed $1,000
To be an instrument proclaiming the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ

PRAISES
The Lord’s constant protection and faithfulness.
New prayer partners and financial supporters of this ministry.
More opportunities to present the ministry with IPM at missions’ conferences and single ministries (especially ladies ministries' meetings).

No comments:

Post a Comment